Sunday, June 10, 2012

Teenagers?

This has nothing to do with books today but it's on my mind anyway.  Do any of you have teenagers? Or did you have teenagers?  I have 4 children, ages 18, 13, 10, and 7.  My 18 year old graduates high school in 2 weeks and can't wait to get out of the house.  She is moving upstate NY where she will attend school and live with her boyfriend.  Can you say freak out?  I can't tell her what to do anymore and I just pray that she will be happy.  Now onto my 13 year old son.  He is such a smart, kind, loving kid but his mouth is horrible.  He thinks he can walk around here and do what he wants.  He talks back and is mean to his younger siblings.  Do you think this is a phase?  It's driving me crazy!  We've punished him, taken things away, and have even threatened to put soap in his mouth.  I know parenting is a touchy subject, but I'm going out of my mind!  They have all been really well behaved since I just got home from the hospital from a heart attack, but now everything is going back to the way it was.  I have not really stressed out over this since I know it is bad for me.  Sorry, I'm really just looking to vent a little.


Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your heart attack. How scary. I have a soon-to-be 15 yr old son. He's always been a great kid - everyone likes him, great personality, sweet, into running, etc. But here lately, he's been getting a little more.. smart mouthed. Usually, I'd have no tolerance for that, but I remember being a teenager and not even knowing why I said and did things. So I've been a little more forgiving than I normally would, but it's still kept on a tight leash.

    Maybe your son doesn't want his sister to move away :)

    I hope it gets better, because you certainly don't need to stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right about his sister moving away. I know my younger daughter is suffering and upset about it but I never thought about him. I do think teens need to "test the waters" so to speak and see what they can get away with.

      Delete