Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kindle Paperwhite


Okay, I'm a little infatuated with Kindles.  My husband surprised me with a Kindle keyboard when they first came out and it was my prized possession.  I downloaded books like crazy and I loved it.  Then the Kindle fire came out and I desperately needed  it.  My husband bought it when we got our tax return. It was the awesomest thing.  I downloaded even more books onto this one and carried it everywhere I went.  I let my kids download some games and they too loved it.  But lately, I'm not liking it so much.    I like to read at night and could read for hours.  But when I read from the fire, the battery only lasts a few hours.  And that's with the wifi off.  And since it's a touchscreen, I'm forever wiping the screen clean.  My eyes get weary when I'm looking at the screen for a long time and it lights up the whole room when the lights are off.  So now I'm looking at the Kindle paperwhite.  The lit screen is totally new and doesn't cause eye weariness.  The battery can last for up to 8 weeks on one charge when it is used for 30 minutes per day.  Yeah, who reads for only 30 minutes? lol  I have money saved up on my Amazon account, but they're saying I won't get it until mid November. We called around to different stores and they haven't even gotten a shipment yet.  So do I preorder one on Amazon and wait over a month or do I keep an eye out for stores that have them?  I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to these things. lol  Does anyone have one yet?  What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. WowI you are a kindle junkie! I got one in 2008 and finally upgraded to the touch last year but am I am not getting another for awhile, happy with the one I have, let me know how the new one is!

    ReplyDelete