Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ARC REVIEW: Taken by Erin Bowman

Taken (Taken, #1)
by
Published by:  HarperTeen
Release Date:  April 16, 2013
Source:  Publisher via Edelweiss

Goodreads Summary:
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

My thoughts:
Wow, this book was insane!  So many highs and lows!  I'm still not sure how I felt about it though.
I mean, the story was great and original.  I just felt like I was bounced around a lot.  The beginning was great, then I felt like the whole story changed and then it changed again!  I  absolutely loved the main character, Gray though.  You could really feel the emotions he was going through.  I couldn't get into the love interests though.
Erin Bowman is quite talented.  This story was so original.  I wonder where she got the idea from.  The world building was pretty good.  There were some scenes where I really felt like I was there.  And then there were scenes that I couldn't picture at all.  All of that aside though, I cannot wait for the next book!


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I read a bunch of mixed reviews for this book. It's really going to be hit or miss I guess. It's pretty disappointing to hear as I had really been anticipating this one.

    ReplyDelete