Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Great by Sara Benincasa

Great
by
Release Date:  April 8, 2014
Source:  Edelweiss

Okay, don't kill me, but I've never read The Great Gatsby.  I don't know how it relates to this book.  I have to say that I really enjoyed it.  It was easy to read and flowed nicely.  The only thing that bothered me was how shallow these people were.  I know it's part of the book but it still irked me.  I live on Long Island and have seen the shallowness of the people that "summer" in the Hamptons.  I do really like when an author drops names and brand names.  It gives me a sense of familiarity.  Like I said before though, I haven't read The Great Gatsby, so I don't know how it ends.  I would have liked to see a little more in the ending of this book, but it was good enough.  I'm not sure if a younger teen would totally "get" the story, but there is very little strong language and sexual situations.  Overall, a great read!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment