Friday, June 13, 2014

I'm so far behind


I feel like I haven't really blogged in forever.  I've had a lot of medical issues and just got out of another week stay at the hospital.  We thought I was having another heart attack(that would have made 5 total now), but we found many other things going on.  My anemia was so bad that I had to have 3 blood transfusions and it is still borderline low.  I have to take 325mg of iron 3 times a day now.  Do you know how binding that is? LOL  I had another cardiac catheterization that showed a 40% re blockage of my heart.  

I came home on Monday and I'm just starting to feel like going through mail and read the blogs.  I have almost caught up on all of my DVR shows.  That took a while because I kept falling asleep during the shows. LOL  Plus, on the morning of my discharge, a person came in to take a final blood sample and they hit a nerve in the crook of my arm.  I am now just finally beginning to use it again.  That's probably what has kept me away so long.  My kids are so glad to see me but the younger ones don't quite get how sick I really was.  I really don't want to scare them, but I want them to understand that I can't get up and see what they're doing every 5 minutes.  My oldest daughter is 20.  She flew the coop and ran off Long Island as soon as she could. LOL  She now lives upstate NY.  My 15 year old son is the best ever!  If my husband is at work and I can't do something myself(like pour a drink from a heavy pitcher or open a jar), he'll actually come out of his room to help me!  Holy cow! LOL  My 13 year old daughter almost understands what it is like.  She had brain surgery at the age of 5 and then spinal cord surgery at the age of 7.  What a delight she is when she isn't being moody.  She sings her heart out whenever she gets a song in her head.  And her voice is amazing!  My baby, my 9 year old son, is the light of my life.  That's not to say that the others aren't.  But my little guy would be attached to me forever if he could.  He still loves to come in and cuddle with me and kiss me.  This morning, he blew me kisses and told me he loves me as he walked out the door.  I really am blessed and I want to stick around for a while longer.  I'm only 40 so hopefully I have awhile. 

And now for my bloggy rants.  I have been out of the loop for so long, I don't see everything that's going on.  I saw yesterday that a blog ran a giveaway and tried to give the winner a pirated copy of a book?  Holy cow, that's ballsy!  And I'm hoping you can help me out here.  Why would you have a sequel to a book come out for ebook, but not the first book?  Oh gosh, nevermind.  I just found it on Amazon. LOL  I was talking about Allen Zadoff's books.  Actually, it says Boy Nobody is the first in the Unknown Assassin series, and that I Am the Mission  is the sequel.  But I would think that I Am the Weapon is the first in the Unknown Assassin series.  I don't know, it's probably my brain telling me not to think too much. LOL

So, is anything new and exciting happening around the blogosphere?  Any new rules I should know about before I go and commit a crime? LOL  Living close to NYC, you would think I've been to BEA every year.  I actually have never been because I have been too sick to travel during those times.

Anyway, Happy Friday the 13th!!  I would love to see tonight's full moon.  I heard it's rare.

Can you imagine this sight?

Photo of the full moon over the Temple of Poseidon in Greece.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment