Friday, June 16, 2017

Real Life Friends?

This is just a short post on something I've been thinking a lot about lately. How many of you have real life, tangible friends? With my decreasing health, I've found myself isolated. 

I have many virtual friends who would always be there for me, but it isn't the same as a real life friend who can hold my hand or give a hug to. Someone who calls me out of the blue and says, "Let's get a cup of coffee."

I just moved in April hundreds of miles from everything I've ever known. I do think it's the best thing I've done, but I miss my family and friends. Going to dinner or a movie, or just for a drive to talk.

I'm 43 years old, in bad health, with little to no money. I'm still here and trying to thrive, but I want a friend to share it with.

So my question is, how many of you actually have a friend that you can reach out to any time, day or night? How did you meet these people? I've always been afraid to put myself "out there", for fear of rejection. I love to crochet, read, love animals, and love to talk about mental health. Mental health has such a stigma attached to it. I'm very open about my mental health and want people to know that they are not alone.

What kinds of things do you do when you're looking for a new friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment